Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Materials – LMOM
- Dr. Daniel Görl
- Postdoc since 01/2016
- Phone +41 21 69 37865
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building MXG, Room 039
Daniel studied chemistry at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Germany, where he received his diploma degree in 2010. He prepared his diploma thesis under supervision of Prof. Frank Würthner, within the framework of an interdisciplinary research programme based on functional dyes with potential applications in material chemistry. He pursued his PhD thesis in the same group focusing on understanding of the physicochemical principles that govern the self-assembly and co-assembly of amphiphilic dye molecules in water and obtained his doctoral degree in 2015. In 2016, he was awarded an EPFL Postdoctoral Fellowship co-funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action to carry out research within the framework of functional carbon nanomaterials from amphiphilic precursors in the Laboratory of Molecular and Organic Materials (LMOM) of Prof. Holger Frauenrath at the Institute of Materials at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
Daniel is an organic chemist with a focus on scientific research questions related to supramolecular chemistry of amphiphilic molecules in water, particularly with respect to hydrophobic effects accompanying their self-assembly, self-sorting, and recognition events.
Awards and Fellowships
|2016||EPFL Fellow co-funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|2015||PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Organic Chemistry at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Germany|
|2010||Diplom in Chemistry at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Germany|
- 127 , Synthesis and Characterisation of Semiaromatic Polyamides Comprising Benzofurobenzofuran Repeating Units , Polymer Chemistry, 2017, 0, DOI: 10.1039/C7PY00129K.
- 112 , Entropically Driven Self-Assembly of Bolaamphiphilic Perylene Dyes in Water., Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2016, 55, 12094.
- 113 , Perylene bisimide hydrogels and lyotropic liquid crystals with temperature-responsive color change. , Chemical Science, 2016, 7, 6786.
- 108 , Supramolecular block copolymers by kinetically controlled co-self-assembly of planar and core-twisted perylene bisimides , Nat. Commun., 2015, 6, 7009.
- 109 , Hierarchical Growth of Fluorescent Dye Aggregates in Water by Fusion of Segmented Nanostructures., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 1270-1274.
- 110 , White-light emitting dye micelles in aqueous solution , Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 8178-8180.
- 111 , Molecular Assemblies of Perylene Bisimide Dyes in Water, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 6328-6348.
Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Materials
- +41 21 693 7395
News & Highlights
- Reuben Yeo joined the group as a postdoc. -
- Alexis Claveau joined the group as a PhD Student. -
- Nicolas Candau joined the group as a postdoc. -