Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Materials – LMOM
- Dr. Shawn Koppenhoefer
- IT Administrator, Web Developer since 02/2013
- Phone +41 21 693 7867
- Email email@example.com
- Building MXG, Room 040
Originally from Canada, born in 1968, Shawn completed a double-honours degree (BSc in ‘Computer-Science’ and ‘Combinatorics & Optimization’ 1990) at the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Waterloo. Six years later, at the EPFL while teaching the 1st-year course Introduction to Networks and Protocols, he published his doctoral thesis (PhD in Computer-Science ). He then became 1st assistant in the Electrical Engineering Dept. at EPFL working on telecommunication-architectures with Alcatel/Orange/Siemens, developed relational databases at Charles Veillon S.A., worked on e-government applications (civilian and military) at Networkers S.A., performed system-administration/teaching/web-development at the World Health Organization collaborating center GFMER in Geneva, worked independently developing a few iOS applications in Objective-C, and finally returned to the EPFL and UNIL to do database-support, and IT-support.
In addition to his work at LMOM lab http://LMOM.epfl.ch, Shawn can also be found at the LTP lab http://LTP.epfl.ch, at the ARVE lab http://ARVE.unil.ch, on his blog-notes at http://shawnkdev.ch and in the usual places on social media.
- 99 , Effectiveness of a Clinically Integrated e-Learning Course in Evidence-Based Medicine for Reproductive Health Training A Randomized Trial, Jama-Journal Of The American Medical Association, 2012, 308, 2218-2225.
- 98 , A formal synchronous model for distributed time-critical control-systems., Thèse EPFL, 1996, .
- Shawn Koppenhoefer, , "A formal synchronous model for distributed time-critical control-systems", 1996-12-11, Public thesis defense, Switzerland
Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Materials
- +41 21 693 7395
News & Highlights
- Reuben Yeo joined the group as a postdoc. -
- Alexis Claveau joined the group as a PhD Student. -
- Nicolas Candau joined the group as a postdoc. -